Where To Get Old Choke Tubes

Dear Bruce,

I am attempting to find out if choke tubes of other manufactures will fit my Valmet 412S 12 Guage O/U. I heard that browning choke tubes will fit but the person that told me this didn’t indicate which tubes, (invector or invector plus). I would like to ascertain which chokes will fit the Valmet because I am having a problem finding Valmet mfg. tubes in my area.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.



Dear Bob,

I don’t have the vaguest idea whether any series of Browning chokes would fit the Valmets. I’d contact the folks at Trulock Chokes, https://trulockchokes.com/ or Carlson’s, http://www.choketube.com and ask them. Both make a broad range of moderately priced choke tubes and ought to know what fits what.

Even though your Valmet is out of production, it may use the same threads at the Tikka, currently owned by Beretta. If Colonial and Carlson don’t work, contact Beretta. That doesn’t mean that the Valmet will take Beretta chokes, just that Tikka and Valmet are almost identical guns so that whatever fits one MIGHT work on the other. Might not too. Worth a phone call to Beretta service at Beretta USA, http://www.beretta.com.

This search for old chokes is definitely a time to let your fingers do the walking.

Best regards,

Bruce Buck
The Technoid writing for Shotgun Report, LLC
(Often in error. Never in doubt.)

This entry was posted in Shotguns. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.